Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Introduction


First of let me start by saying that I will be blogging this years lightning storm season. Last season was amazing. I had only just started taking pictures of Lightning with my newly aquired camcorder. Yes well the reason for the camcorder is because we get lightning strikes extreamly close by (closest about 40 meters!) Yes well - you don't want to be outside holding the shutter open on a remote control cable for the camera on the tri-pod! Obviously because I use a camcorder the picture resolution is not that great, but it is still a thrill and a bit safer than standing outside with your tri-pod waiting for God to unleash his wrath on you!
The season should be starting any week now - I wait in anticipation, and hope for a safe season!
The picture in this insert was taken last season. Yes I was still outside when this bolt came down about 320 meters away!

No comments: