Friday, April 13, 2007

Poor Rain Season for Namibia

Unfortunately we are headed to the end of the rain storm season. Winter
is looming around the corner and we have had just about no rain yet.
This has to be one of the poorest rain seasons I can remember, in fact I
can't remember it being this bad ever. Since January we have only had
about 25mm, which is basically nothing. There was a lot more rain in the
north than what we got here in the Central Area. There are still a few
optimistic people that think the rain season will be late this year, but
I have my doubts. The grass which should have spread a lot this rain
season is barley alive. Watering is not as effective as rain water,
because there are so many chemicals in our recycled water. So it looks
as if we may be in for a long cold winter. There are still a couple of
clouds that build up in the afternoons which mostly give one false hope
for a bit of rain.
With the weather changing all over the planet, who knows what to expect.
Saw last week the US had freezing weather when they were supposed to be
in Spring Time. I recon that changes are going to become more noticeable
a lot quicker than everyone thinks. So with all this, I have not got the
huge amount of lightning pictures I was looking so forward to this
season. Pretty sad hey?

No comments: